Friday, February 15, 2008

Bands and bottles


Earlier this week, I had the chance to stop by one of my favorite stores, Red Pineapple at Ward Center. It was a welcomed break in a marathon day of client meetings and post office runs...actually, it's a welcomed break any day! If it were possible to be in love with a store, Red Pineapple would definitely be my "one and only." Every nook and cranny of this charming shop is jam-packed with cool goodies that you see splashed in mags like O, InStyle and Real Simple.

I used to visit the store religiously, but after a while my husband noticed that I'd never buy anything. I explained to him that it was because there were so many things calling my name that I just couldn't decide. Of course, I eventually took the plunge and made my first purchase. And I've never looked back.

Among my latest finds was a pack of rubberbands. Not just any rubberbands, mind you, but extra large, super-sized rubberbands. My beautiful cloth-covered binder that I take EVERYWHERE has one flaw -- no inside pockets. I wrapped one of the rubberbands around the front cover and voila! My important notes have found a safe and secure home!

I also treated myself to an early Valentine's gift in the form of a SIGG water bottle. No more environment-unfriendly plastic bottles for me. From now on, wherever I go, I'm bringing along my SIGG. Red Pineapple has a whole bunch in different sizes, colors and patterns, but hurry because these things fly off the shelves!