Monday, July 30, 2007

may i have the definition please?


There's been a huge buzz about "high definition" for quite some time, but I've been blissfully ignorant about the whole thing. I admit that everytime I heard someone say, "high definition" or "HDTV," all I heard was the voice in my head going, "blah blah blah I can't afford it blah blah blah I don't need it blah blah blah please talk to me about something that I actually care about." Honestly, I would have lived my entire life without giving a second thought to high definition ANYTHING...if it hadn't been for our wedding video.

I remember when we first started talking to prospective videographers for our wedding. We discussed the different packages that they offered, one camera vs. two (vs. three!), 5 hours or 8 hours, pre-ceremony footage, attendance at the rehearsal, high definition....wait, what's high definition? I distinctly remember hearing that phrase during our meeting because it was the very first time that I even cared what that really meant. I remember that my fiance was thrilled at the option of having our wedding filmed in high definition...and I also remember that my fiance was less than thrilled in having to explain to me later that night (more than once) why it was so important.

Anyway, to make a long story (somewhat) short, our videographer - Greg Ventura of Advanced Visual Arts - shot the footage in high definition and we couldn't be happier. From our "first encounter" to the personal messages from our parents, bridal party and guests, Greg did a fabulous job capturing our event on film and it's nice to know that we can just pop in the DVD anytime we feel like reliving that magical day!