Thursday, June 14, 2007

Our wedding...the recap

The wedding day finally arrived. We had breakfast with our parents in the morning and a fairly relaxing morning considering the busy day we had ahead of us. At 11:30AM sharp, my cell phone rang and everyone started arriving: the wedding coordinator, my bridesmaids, the hair/makeup people, the photographer, the videographer, the florist. It seemed that the parade of people through my hotel room door never stopped and I had a front row seat to all the organized chaos!

As a side note, being able to spend that time in the suite getting ready with my girlfriends was truly priceless. It's rare these days for all of us to be in the same place at once with everything going on in our busy lives, but that morning all we needed to worry about was getting primped and prepped...and not smudging our lipstick.

What happened next was a blur of activity in my mind. We posed for our formal shots, my husband and I had our "first encounter", more photos with the bridal party, and then on to the ceremony...ah, the ceremony.

As my father walked me down the aisle, I didn't see any of our guests. I only saw my husband standing at the altar. I fought to hold back my tears and was overwhelmed with a feeling of joy that I've never felt before. Our ceremony was short and sweet, but so very meaningful.

During the cocktail hour, we were able to make our rounds and mingle with our guests (how nice!). At this point, my husband and I were SO RELAXED. Nothing to worry about now except enjoying a fun reception with all of our loved ones!

In my next post, I'll tell you a little more about our WONDERFUL VENDORS and how they contributed to the wedding of our dreams!! I'll leave you with a few photos from our special day.



CREDITS:
Florist - Peony Floral Design
Linens - Les Saisons
Photography - Mark Nomura Photography