Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Flower power


I love the details. I live for the details. So does giving up control over the floral design of our wedding mean I'm crazy...or a genius?

I think a lot of engaged couples (brides especially) experience wedding burnout at some point in the months leading up to the big day. I can feel myself teetering over the edge right now, and I'm desperately trying to fight it off...sans chocolate cake, cookies, Häagen-Dazs ice cream, etc. Anyway, I've decided to give our florist (Nicole Lomas of Peony Floral Design) complete artistic freedom and let her have some fun with our wedding!

We first met Nikki through The Wedding Cafe (yes, the cafe was a great wedding resource for me, too!) and instantly loved her style. But she was not only creative with her floral arrangements, she was helpful and gracious as she guided us through the ins and outs of wedding decor. It's wonderful to work with vendors who obviously love what they're doing and want to make your special day as memorable and joyous as possible!

I know we're in good hands with Nikki and having a little "element of surprise" with our flowers will make my life a whole lot easier.