Friday, April 10, 2009

My kind of peeps


Trekked over to the new Target store in Salt Lake last weekend and was delighted to find a parking stall right away and a happy crowd of shoppers (many of whom looked like first-time visitors just like me). Hubby and I perused the aisles, made mental notes as we compared prices on our favorite items, and grabbed a few essentials here and there to fill our basket. Since when is a jumbo-sized box of Junior Mints an essential? Um, starting right now.

After the Junior Mints box leaped into our bakset of its own accord, I looked over my husband's shoulder and saw THE WALL in all its glory -- shelf after shelf of vibrantly colored Peeps all staring at me with wide eyes and closed beaks. I didn't even know they made Peeps in orange! And red! I resisted buying any, but couldn't walk away without snapping a picture first. There was a time in my life that I would have bought one in each color to display on a shelf (I hear that they have a shelf life of 2 years)...and another batch to devour by myself.

Ahh, I can still hear them chirping my name...